Our Pulmonary & Respiratory Rehabilitation Program is designed to help restore our patients to their highest functional level with the goal of enhancing their overall quality of life while dealing with chronic respitory problems such as, but not limited to COPD, asthma, emphysema, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia, and chronic bronchitis.
Tower Hill Healthcare comprehensive program has a multi-disciplinary approach including primary care, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, dietician, psychologist, and care manager. The team focuses on the assessment, diagnostic evaluation, education, prevention and care of our patients with heart and lung disorders.
THE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THE PULMONARY & RESPIRATORY PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Individualized goals and assessments to show clinical improvements on reducing shortness of breath and increasing exercise tolerance
- CPAP/BIPAP training and education for sleep breathing disorders
- Dysphasia management
- Pulse oximetry
- Medication Management
- Onsite chest x-rays
- Implementation of energy conserving techniques and breathing strategies to help reduce symptoms, improve endurance and muscle strength
- Respiratory treatments to enhance oxygenation, ie: nebulizer treatments
- Psychological counseling and support services
- Nutritional counseling and education pertaining specifically to patient’s respiratory condition
- Specific education to help each patient better understand how to manage their disease and return home